Lifter with Magnetic GripperAugust 1, 2018
Lifter with Vacuum GripperSeptember 25, 2018
RonI handles rolls on a daily basis and our decision to grip them by their Interior core OR Outer diameter is based on the customers loading process:
How is the customer passing off the roll after it is picked up?
- Is the roll being placed onto a spindle?
- In this case we will pick up the roll by the Interior core using our Expand-O-Turn.
- Is a shaft being inserted into the roll which is then placed onto a machine cradle?
- In this case we will pick up the roll by the Outer diameter using our Squeeze-O-Turn.
What to do if your roll telescopes:
- If we are gripping the roll by the Interior Core we add an anti-telescopic clamp to apply pressure from the outside.
- If we are gripping the roll by the Outer diameter the following solution is now being implemented:
- The Anti-Telescopic Squeeze-O-Turn takes our Squeeze-O-Turn lifter and adds in the function of a core expander. This new process allows the roll to be safely picked up and rotated. The core expander can then be removed, and the shaft can be inserted into the roll and moved to the machine cradle.
Check out the demo video and photos below for more details: